Monday, February 9, 2009

Thee and Thou

Having a drink at the Lobby Bar in Oklahoma City the other night, our group was joined (having been evicted from his own table...) by a delightful fellow by the name of Jon Haque. He claimed to be an actor and after much lively conversation, invited us to attend a play in which he was currently performing entitled Thee and Thou.

I enjoy the theatre, though I truly don't attend often enough, and I do believe that even a bad play is often better than any sitcom. Fortunately, this was a great production. Several of the cast members were truly talented and brilliantly entertaining. This is not a review, and I am certainly not qualified, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Jon in particular had us laughing to the point of tears.

The play is a Shakespearean farce, set at the Globe Theatre in 1599. Interestingly enough it is written by an Oklahoman, Bret Jones, who has penned a hilarious work. Unfortunately, the show's run has ended at the Jewel Box Theatre, but if you ever have the opportunity to see a performance, leap at the chance.

No comments: