Monday, July 28, 2008

OKC NBA Team Name

I have to admit, I'm not much of an NBA fan. I'm really not a big basketball fan at all. I frequently say that is because I can't play basketball, but I can't play baseball either and I'll watch it.

Just the same, I'm pretty excited about the new big league team in OKC. I'm not sure I'll make it to a game right away, but here is a quick way I'll become a fan.

The team name.

The news is out that the NBA has filed trademark right for six team names. Barons, Bison, Energy, Thunder, Marshalls and Wind.

That's right, tucked away in that list is MARSHALLS!

If the powers-that-be see fit to give the new team a proud name like that, then who am I but to become a fan? You can be sure I'll buy hats, shirts and all of the other team related stuff they can sell. Tickets? Of course, what kind of Marshall would I be if I didn't attend?

So, only time will tell, but I have to say I just won't get as excited about cheering for the OKC Wind.

No comments: